Hi, Justin:

I have not tried this, but I suspect that it would probably still work at V5R4, but with all the re-encapsulation and re-translation going on with V6R1, my guess is, it will very likely "stop working" once you upgrade to V6R1. So, perhaps now would be a good time to start finding out what parts of your applications might be using this functionality. Do you have a separate development box or LPAR you can "test" on? If so, you could issue DLTLICPGM 5722PD1 and remove it, and see what happens to your apps., so you can figure out what you will need to do instead.

HTH,

Mark

> Justin C. Haase wrote:
Good afternoon, folks

Wondering if anyone out there is running "non-supported" on APD (5722-PD1)
after upgrading from i5/OS V5R3 to V5R4. V5R3 is the last release that IBM
officially supports this piece of software.

That being said - does the product continue to work as expected, or are
there immediate failures that halt its functionality once the OS upgrade is
complete? I understand that if any problems do appear that IBM won't assist
in fixing, but assuming all worked well prior to the upgrade and limited
changes are expected in the future, is it a horrendous risk? I can't find
anything out on the web that speaks to what happens.

Thanks in advance for any experience stories you can provide.

jch