The primary reason I leave QTEMP in *LIBL is to avoid errors in poorly coded applications [utilities mostly, but most unfortunately also the occasional Operating System or Licensed Program feature -- Ouch!] for which the code *assumes* by its use of *LIBL references, versus using explicitly qualified coded or overridden references, that the QTEMP library is always in *USRLIBL.

Unfortunately, I have actually since become so accustomed to QTEMP being in *LIBL, that I have been victim of my own misuse. A few times after having used CHGLIBL TESTLIB for instances where TESTLIB might have [created within] some objects named the same as some objects in my typical libraries in *USRLIBL, I mess up because the CHGLIBL request had since removed QTEMP from *USRLIBL. Later in that job after having done something like CRTDTAARA QTEMP/LGL *LGL, eventually I am actually _surprised_ when a request to CHGDTAARA LGL VALUE('1') fails. Duh! There is no *LIBL/LGL *DTAARA. Just a case of protecting myself from others' actions, leading to a need for protection from my own actions ;-) I should have insisted on corrections rather than circumventing by ensuring QTEMP was in *LIBL. Arghh! Now I am no better than they are ;-)

Regards, Chuck