ASC (now part of Help Systems) used to sell a product called AnyDate
that would do this. We used it when doing Y2K remediation. Don't know
if they still offer it.

Adam Glauser <adamglauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/07/2008 04:06 PM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Override a system value

I am trying to recreate a problem from a job that ran last week. I
don't have the job log anymore. I've tried running the job in the same
environment (same JOBD, no changes to the major driving files that I can

find) and I get the expected results.

The one difference between the my test run and the failed run is that
I'm specifying the date this time,
CALL PGM(PGMA) PARM('2007-01-02')

instead of
CALL PGM(PGMA) PARM(' ')

which is the usual way of calling the program. When no parameter is
supplied, the current date ( %date() ) is used.

I was wondering if there a way to override the system time for a given
job. I've checked the archives, 'GO CMDOVR' and the Infocentre's API
finder, and I'm not sure where else to look. Is this a loony idea, or
does someone know of a way to do this?