Fran

Others have pointed out the LIKE operator in the record selection screen - documentation is as close as your F1 key when your cursor is in that column or the value column.

You might not be aware that you don't need the full blown SQL to use QMQRY even better - forms, now, they can be ugly - heh.

Query management support is part of the OS - comes with every machine.

You can RTVQMQRY from a QRYDFN - main problems come when using other than a type 1 join. This gives you a source member, that you use to CRTQMQRY. There is even a WRKQMQRY with several handy options.

Using RTVQMQRY with dependent values, as you have, will result in the &INPOS as part of the SQL statement in question. I can't urge strongly enough that eventually you create your own source members with your SELECT statement in them - or any valid SQL statement, for that matter. And use CRTQMQRY.

NOTE: The source file, usually named QQMQRYSRC, has to have a RCDLEN(91) - not 92.

You have much more power using actual SQL on QMQRY source - QRYDFNs can be handy but have some limitations, or at least difficulties, when using ANDs and ORs - no parenthesizing possible.

There's a manual called Query Management Programming that has a lot of this information - and more than you probably WANT to know! You can find it under the Database topic at InfoCenter.

HTH
Vern