I'm baffled. I wrote a CSV import program to replace CPYFRMIMPF, due to
the IBM command not understanding doubled quotes in strings:
"This""double" to load as "This"double". The program creates a dynamic
SQL insert statement and runs immediately.

On my test LPAR at V5R4, it works 100% of the time, no problems.
However, in my production environment at V5R2, it runs most of the time.
Using the same CSV file, the test system imports 2318 rows, while the
production system only imports 2295 or 2290 of 2318 rows.

The error I see is:

Field HVR0016 (or HVR0014) and value 16 (or 14) not compatible. Reason
2.

The attributes of variable field HVR0016 in query record format
FORMAT0001 are not compatible with the attributes of value number 16.
The value is 157.325. The reason code is 2.

2 - The variable field is too small to hold the value. If the field is
of type character, the length of the value must not exceed 32,766 bytes.
If the field is of type variable length character, the length of the
value must not exceed 32,740 bytes.

Here is the statement (from the above message) that fails:

insert into PROD_DTA/IDGIMPIST (ITEMNUMBER, ITEMDESC, UOM, REQNUMBER,
CHGNUMBER, ISSUEQTY, INVNUMBER, INVDATE, MATTYP, DEPARTMENT, PROJECT,
WO, EQUIPNBR, UNITPRICE, TAXAMOUNT, NETAMOUNT, HOMEDEPT, ACCOUNT,
EMPNAME) values('T20-00223', 'ELEMENT FILTER 15M HP21L8-15MV', 'EA',
88909, '', 2, 126, date('12/18/2007'), 'D', '281' ,'', '', '281-DEA281',
77.5, 2.325, 157.325, '262', '72-50', 'Bland, Timothy C')

The values the message complains about is 157.325 (value 16). The errors
are always caused by numeric data. The file defines the unit price, tax
amount, and net amount fields as zoned(15,5). If I run the statement
manually (through STRSQL or iNav) it is successful.

The production side is behind on cumulative and database PTFs, but is
scheduled to be updated to V5R4 over the Christmas holidays. Does anyone
have any advice other than "check again after upgrading"?

Loyd Goodbar

Senior programmer/analyst

BorgWarner

TS Water Valley