Vern,

Thanks for your comments. At least a very few have taken the time to really read and UNDERSTAND what I've said and that I very much like the i5 but it, and its proponents need to understand how it and they are viewed in the market place, how it needs to change to compete in that market place against such real RDBMs like the real DB2s and ORACLE. If they don't come to grips with that reality, their "livelihood" will cease to exist in a shorter time than they think. I think that would be a great loss for many reasons. If they were really objective they'd compare and contrast their sacred cow with the other IBM DB2s and ORACLE, for instance, and see what they can do to ensure the i5 and its DB2/400 can compete well against those market leaders. I'd really like to see the i5 compete with the other DB2s and ORACLE where the i5 has the power and capability to do so, but with the attitude of many folks on this forum as an example of those that might "sell" DB2/400 and the i5, I'm afraid the platform will go the way of OS/2 sooner rather than later.

I don't know about you but I have worked on those other RDBMs and I attend user groups for those in order to see, objectively, what they offer and how I can "market" in my own small way, the i5 and DB2/400. FYI, I used to attend i5 user groups but they have all ceased to exist in AZ because the box has lost market share to other DB2s, ORACLE or SQL Server. I wonder if anyone else on this forum does something like that. Its kinda like religious folks trying to get new converts to their way of "worshiping" but constantly preaching to the converted in their mutual admiration/agreement society. Preaching to the converted won't gain the platform much except the "converted" will be in heated agreement with each other.

Thanks,

Dave