Ask the people involved in the conversion, if they still with the company,
about this.
In our case, we had a mountain of S/36 modifications that were low on the
project team priorities for conversion to 400, but some of those mods had
massive work in them, so I kept library of past work for purposes of
review when similar projects come up again.

If I was to do any of those mods in the future, I would use new tools like
embedded SQL/400 but I would still like to data mine the source code for
how I figured out complex functions once before.

But some of the stuff there has already been converted to run on our 400,
so you have given me an idea where I can eliminate some fat.

Another place you can look is how the application software handles
upgrades.
On BPCS there is the base version, then various libraries of patches, then
another mass release, then various libraries of patches, then another mass
release, and on and on, so there could be 20 different copies of the same
program, each slightly more advanced than the previous one. Believe it or
not, on our system, the BPCS software takes up more disk space than the
files. That's one of the things on my list to atack.

We did not use native conversion tools. Provided the company still has
the original installation media and the passwords to reinstall at a later
date if need be, other rarely used conversion tools could go away.

Make sure no AS/400 code is not "calling" any S36/38 code, before you
delete that.

Consider the possibility that some code is used only in end fiscal year,
or other rare events, so something not used for a while, is not
neccessarily something not needed.

When M36 went out the window, we had equipment that was emulating the 36
world ... if we were to kill that object today, it would mess up our
hardware connections, but they are microscopic compared to volume then,
due to move to PC connections.

The V5R1 system with space issues has the # libraries, QSSP, QS36F,
QSYS38, etc. plus the migration library QMGU.

Can I look at objects' last used date in these libraries to confirm that
S36/S38 is not being used?

Is there any way QWIN16 would still be used?

It looks like QDOC could use some clean up too.

Every little bit helps.

Thank you,
Bonnie Lokenvitz