Vernon Hamberg wrote:
SVN and SourceGear and the like know nothing of these things.

Additionally, SVN, CVS, and the like, all tend to take the "Build the
world" view ... where you check out the entire project and all it's
dependencies and build everything.

System i change control is far more oriented towards incremental build
... where you change one program, put your development library high on
your library list, compile, and test.

I think the new kid on the block-ArCad-claims to use ant for build
scripts. It also claims to handle source and change for objects on
disparate platforms - it remains to be seen if that is the case.

I would be interested to hear a summary of how that works.

ILE objects have given both ACMS and TurnOver fits -

Well, Implementer handles ILE without a problem. <grin/>

i've never looked at Implementer (sorry, David) so don't know how it
handles cross-platform stuff - the holy grail I know I've wanted for
at least a decade.

Implementer is one part of MKS's change control system. MKS Source is
available for Unix & NT development. And our MKS Integrity product ties
everything together.

david