Hi Dave

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving - as did I - gotta love a niece that knows how to go to Boston Market for all the kit to have a great dinner!

As to DBMON - is there somewhere I/we can find out what it is in, say, the Z/OS version of DB2 that you want to see? I'm not sure my statement of the limitations of the iSeries DBMON fit your question - and I'm certainly not expert in what else would be needed there - the kinds of information are wide - you might take a look at the www.iseries.ibm.com/db2 site and dig around to see what STRDBMON provides - optimizer stuff, index suggestions, all that. It might offer more than I know, more of what you are looking for.

PEX - Performance Explorer - is great stuff - a veritable cacophony of information. The site www.iseries.ibm.com/perfmgmt has links - there is a tool there, PTDV (Performance Trace Data Visualizer), that is a free tool for analyzing PEX data. There is also a link from the Performance Management page for Performance Explorer that should get you started in that very deep complex world. There are reports on the green screen side, if you have Performance Tools installed, but you don't need Performance Tools licensed product to collect the data and use PTDV.

HTHAL (HTH a little)
Vern