SWEET! I like this approach the best. What kind of RCDDLM do I use for a CSV, though?
Thanks,
Bryan

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jim Essinger
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:25 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Access OS400 shared folder from windows

Bryan,

I have looked at replies others have given, and I agree with most all of
it. How I would get a CSV file to a PF automatically;

Create a Folder in the windows portion of the IFS. I would use iNav to make
the folder shared.
Get the CSV file into that folder with a standardized name. Use drag and
drop to copy the CSV file to the shared folder. Others use FTP
Use CPYFRMIMPF in a CL program to put the data into a PF with the correctly
defined fields.

There are numerous was to get this done, and mine is only one, and most
likely not the best.

HTH

Jim