Thanks for the idea - I'll look into that.

Jim

On Nov 15, 2007 12:00 PM, <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh, so you ARE leaving the old message id there. I thought you weren't.

Then I'd consider the trick used for duplicating job schedule entries.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Jim Essinger" <dilbernator@xxxxxxxxx>
11/15/2007 01:36 PM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
Re: Changing a message ID in a MSGF

We have a standard to use predefined error and informational messages from
msgf in our in house written systems. These display a the bottom of
screens,
as well as in QSYSOPR message que. We like to keep the standard of the
first three digits of the message ID equal the system ID so that when we
get
an error, we know which system is throwing it out. So we have a system
that
all the messages in the message file start with ABCnnnn, and have a new
system being written with DEFnnnn. Some of those messages are the same
between systems, so we would like to be able to change the message ID and
one or two words in the description to match the new system. It would
save
some time to be able to copy and then change.

Jim