I have an iSeries 170 at V5R3 that I want to install a small JAR file /
application. This is an Big Brother JAVA applet to send stats to a
central monitoring system. I do not know where to start outside of
putting the file onto the IFS.

I have put the files in the following directory /usr/bin/bb/java/
Both the bbas400.jar and jt400.jar are there.
Also the server.properties file.

The instructions say to put this in to a CL script:
#!/bin/sh
PATH="$PATH:/usr/bin/jre1.2.2/bin" (but I do not have any jreX.X.X
directory.)
Java -cp /usr/bin/bb/java/bbas400.jar:/usr/bin/bb/java/jt400.jar
com.shenmfg.AS400BBAgent /usr/bin/bb/java/server.properties &

How do I do this script part? I do have Java installed and the JAVA
command appears to work.

I have tried the following command:
JAVA CLASS('/usr/bin/bb/java/bbas400.jar:/usr/bin/bb/java/jt400.jar')

PARM(com.shenmfg.AS400BBAgent '/usr/bin/bb/java/server.properties')

CLASSPATH('/usr/bin')

But it does not run like I would expect. It returns with:
Java program completed with exit code 1

Chris Bipes