I have a scanned copy of my signature that, whenever I want/need to "sign" an electronic document, such as a fax by electronic means, I just copy and paste it.
Of course, that's usually just for one-at-a-time things or mail merges. But it reminded me of the check "signatures" that we used to keep locked up in a safe until time to sign the payroll checks. Just plugged that puppy into the check signer and away she went. When the P/R super was through, the treasurer locked it up in the safe. I have never worked with a fax solution other than the WinFax thingy, but I would think that some of them would have the ability to attach a signature (secured?) from an IFS directory. Don't know, just seems doable.

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Don wrote:
Rob,

Not challenging that, my comment was that for legal or whatever reasons
there will be some requirement for the ability to actually write on a
document before sending it...

I think in time the quality of the combo printer/fax/scanner boxes will be
at the point that we have one box that does all 3 functions, and possibly
more, and the process of scanning/faxing/storing a signed document for
archival/transition will be as common place as printing is now.

DR2