I have tried both HOSTSCHPTY(*REMOTE) and HOSTSCHPTY(*LOCAL) but am still
unable to PING a server on our LAN by its DNS name. As far the DNS server is
concerned, this iSeries is defined to it with the name "ITEST". Are you
saying I need to also set HOSTNAME to that value?

BTW, the internal system name for this iSeries is also ITEST. Will that
cause any kind of conflict?

This thread ...