Vern

From: rob@xxxxxxxxx

I -think- people use NFS as a replacement for Netserver, not QNTC.
Netserver allows you to configure shares on your iSeries that other
servers and clients can map to. Netserver and NFS are commonly used so
other servers and clients can access the i.
The process so that the i can access shares on other servers and clients
is QNTC.

When you do a WRKLNK '/QNTC/*' you should be able to see a list of every
client and server in your network. It can be quite extensive - mine was.
I saw other lpars and a large plethora of other servers and clients. I
did NOT do a MKDIR or MD for each and every entry.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

"Paul Nelson"
10/26/2007 10:17 AM
Please respond to
Midrange Systems Technical Discussion

"'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'"
cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: QNTC question

First, I wanted to "open" a folder to a Sharepoint server and let that box
take stuff that we are placing into an IFS folder. This was before we
figured out that NFS is a better solution than QNTC.

Second, BRMS was unable to get a complete backup because the Sharepoint
box
had a lock on the NFS folder. We finally were able to get that resolved.

Third, when I look into the QNTC folder, I'm seeing lots of objects with
DDIR as their attribute, including the folder I created with MKDIR
/QNTC/Sharepoint I would expect to see only the folder I had created.

Fourth, when the operator initiates a GO SAVE 21 via Ops Console, the
console locks up. Here's his description of the problem:

<>
Screen goes blank except for input inhibited
Sits there for 12 hours
Have to close console session and restart console
Checked tape from save listing contents to spool file
Last thing saved was document library objects

That's locked up.>>

I would call it something else, but that's beside the point. I'm going to
try to get a job log from him, but I'm in Texas, he's in Kentucky, and the
box is in Cleveland.

Paul Nelson
Cell 708-670-6978
Office 512-392-2577