I think that if you have a LF with Select/Omit clauses using fields in both
files, the system forces Dynamic Select.

Gord

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:34:06 -0400 (EDT), "Glenn Gundermann" <ggundermann@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I haven't created a join logical file in a very very long time, which is
why I am asking for your help now. I posted my question last night and no
one has replied. (see below for original posting.)

I am joining 3 files together. When I CPYF ..... NBRRCDS(1) or create a
query without any selection criteria and press F5, I know I will not get
any records right now but it goes through the whole file of 1.7 million
records and takes a long time. Does the join logical file not create an
index that it can use and give me a result right away?

When I query my file, I can see the records go up by 20000 all the way to
the end of the file, which isn't good since there are so many records.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tks,

Glenn Gundermann
ggundermann@xxxxxx