We've used a two-way for years between a 270 & 720. Had to have it
replaced 2-3 times the last 7 years. Seems to work better if the
operator does the switch (SysA - vary off, SysB - vary on). Automating
it, I've not had much luck. The first vary on when you switch usually
fails.

www.moregroupinc.com

They're not cheap though. If I were to do it all over, I'd buy two
drives if I could get the extra $$.

Doug.Hart@xxxxxxx 10/11/2007 7:28:08 AM >>>

Before we went to a tape cat with all fiber we used a 4-way SCSI switch
for our tape drives.
I remember we had to go with extended length cables and they were very
expensive because they supported distance beyond the SCSI standard.
No other real problems that I remember.

--
Doug Hart - Principal Consultant