Jon, Thanks. I had not heard of SugarCRM until you mentioned it. I
found their SugarCRM press release where they describe it running on
ZEND PHP and MySQL AB on the System i.
Sounds interesting

http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/about/press-releases/20070724-Sugar-Enterpri
se-IBM.html

SugarCRM Announces Sugar Enterprise Edition Compatibility with IBM i5/OS

Now System i Customers Can Leverage the Power of SugarCRM
Cupertino, CA (July 24, 2007) - SugarCRM, the world's leading provider
of commercial open source customer relationship management (CRM)
software, announced today that Sugar Enterprise now runs on the IBM
System i platform, leveraging the integration between i5/OS(r), the
MySQL Database Server and the Zend Core for i5/OS. i5/OS is the flagship
operating system for IBM's System i business computing platform. The
move continues SugarCRM's dedication to serving companies of all sizes,
across deployment options and computing environments.
"SugarCRM is dedicated to providing our customers with the freedom to
choose how and where they deploy SugarCRM," says John Roberts, Chairman
and CEO of SugarCRM. "By offering compatibility between Sugar Enterprise
and the i5/OS platform, we continue to prove that SugarCRM offers the
most versatile and flexible CRM products in the market today."
"A key goal for IBM is to innovate the System i platform with new
investments in cutting-edge, open source solutions that help them
respond more quickly to business needs as they arise," says Mark
Shearer, General Manager IBM System i. "Compatibility between Sugar
Enterprise and System i provides customers with an innovative, open
source CRM solution to run on a proven platform."
IBM i5/OS has a highly scalable and virus resistant architecture with a
proven reputation for exceptional business resiliency. Running Sugar
Enterprise on the i5/OS integrated operating environment allows clients
of all sizes to focus on innovation and customer relationships, rather
than maintaining their systems.
Compatibility between Sugar Enterprise and i5/OS was made possible in
part by two of SugarCRM's key business partners, Zend Technologies and
MySQL AB.
Zend and IBM created Zend Core for i5/OS, the industry's first
out-of-the-box, PHP development and production environment. IBM and Zend
are also jointly working on furthering PHP technology to include
improved database integration frameworks and enhanced PHP Web services
standards.
"We have worked hard to make PHP a language of choice for all operating
environments," said Harold Goldberg, CEO of Zend Technologies, Inc.
"SugarCRM is leading the charge in creating robust PHP-based
applications that work on all leading systems, including the System i
platform."
SugarCRM's support for i5/OS is also aided by work from open source
database leader MySQL AB. Zack Urlocker, MySQL AB's executive vice
president of products, commented, "It's exciting to be a part of this
new System i initiative, along with IBM, SugarCRM and Zend -- to help
deliver a new generation of online applications for one of the most
popular and reliable platforms in the IT industry."
About SugarCRM
SugarCRM is the world's leading provider of commercial open source
customer relationship management (CRM) software for companies of all
sizes. SugarCRM easily adapts to any business environment by offering a
more flexible, cost-effective alternative than proprietary applications.
SugarCRM's open source architecture allows companies to more easily
customize and integrate customer-facing business processes in order to
build and maintain more profitable relationships. SugarCRM offers
several deployment options, including on-demand, on-premise and
appliance-based solutions to suit customers' security, integration and
configuration needs. For more information, call (408) 454-6900 or 1 87
SUGARCRM tollfree in the US, email contact@xxxxxxxxxxxx, or visit
http://www.sugarcrm.com.

Of ALL the CRM (customer relationship management) systems that run on
System i DB ...

Well these days I guess you should include SugarCRM in any list since it
now
runs on i.

Jon Paris
Partner400