I have also run into this issue and it was a length problem in my source
file being processed by RUNSQLSTM. It's kind of frustrating since if I
CUT/PASTE the data from the source member into a RUN SQL SRIPT window, it
will execute fine.

Tommy.Holden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
10/04/2007 09:33 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: runsqlstm continuation

quick question....does any of the statement extend past position 80 in
your source member?

RUNSQLSTM only looks at the first 80 characters anything past that gets
truncated. that *could* be the problem.

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

rob@xxxxxxxxx
10/04/2007 10:49 AM
Please respond to

midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
runsqlstm continuation

sql source member to be used in RUNSQLSTM.

Problem: Break in middle of command string. How to...

Situation:
This works:
STRSQL
CALL QCMDEXC (
'DSPOBJD OBJ(*CURLIB/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*PGM *SRVPGM) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)
OUTFILE(*CURLIB/DSPOBJDOUT)',95)

This does not work:
RUNSQLSTM SRCFILE(ROB/ANZOBJCVN) SRCMBR(SETUP) COMMIT(*NONE)
where this source contains:
CALL QCMDEXC (
'DSPOBJD OBJ(*CURLIB/*ALL) OBJTYPE(*PGM *SRVPGM) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE)
OUTFILE(*CURLIB/DSPOBJDOUT)',95);

Earlier source statements, like
CALL QCMDEXC (
'CRTSRVPGM SRVPGM(RTVOBSINF) EXPORT(*ALL)',40);
execute successfully.

DSPJOBLOG:
CPD0013-A matching parenthesis not found.
CPF0006-Errors occurred in command.
SQL0443-Trigger program or external routine detected an error.
...the external name is QCMDEXC in schema QSYS...