in Excel select "Add Ins" then browse look in C:\Program Files\IBM\Client
Access\Shared to find the data transfer add in.

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

Jerry Adams <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/04/2007 08:10 AM
Please respond to

Midrange-L <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
iSeries Access Problem

I have been trying to give one of our users access to the Excel Add-In
tool available in iSeries Access for Windows. No such luck. The tool
does not show up in Excel's Tools...Add-Ins... dropdown box.

I went to the extent of even uninstalling iSeries Access and
re-installing it as Admin. When logged in as Admin, the add-in is
available and works (at least it starts). When I log in as me (I have
admin level security on our network), the tool shows up up something
about some macro not found. When I log in as the local user, the tool
doesn't even show up in the Add-In box or as an option in Excel.

If I try to do a Selective Install as the local user, I am told that he
does not have sufficient authority; that it can only be done by an
administrator. So I log off and back in as Admin. In Selective
Install, it shows the Excel Add-In checked, which means it's installed.
Uninstalling the tool and then re-installing it has no effect on any log
in but Admin; i.e., some log ins (me, for example) see the icons on the
tool bar but they don't work, while others don't even see the icons,
menu options, or an option in the Add-In box.

Everything else seems to work. For example, the data transfer buttons
on the PC5250 panel seem to work for the user. The Basic functions of
iNav work. What am I doing wrong? Or does this scream, "PMR!"?

Thanks.