From: rob@xxxxxxxxx

Joe,

1 - Are all drives the same size?

2 - Are all drives the same make?

3 - What disk unit controller?

4 - What model of RAID card (often included on #3)?

Rob, I'm re-IPLing, so I don't have immediate access to the controller (I
can't remember the command to print the rack configuration, either). But
all of the drives are the same size, they're all IBM 4718s.

This is a very old controller, but it supports RAID5 on five drives. Are
there controllers that work with five drives but not six? Because I'm at
the point now where, if the drive comes up with an error again after this
IPL, I may just pull the sixth drive until I get time to work with it. Five
17GB drives is plenty to work with right now.

Joe