John Candidi wrote:
> Exactly what does RCLDLO do?

By typing RCLDLO on a command line and then pressing F1=Help [not Enter], the "Reclaim Document Library Object" Help Text will appear.

As I understand, the RCLDLO is much like a RCLSTG SELECT(*DBXREF).

Essentially, with purposefully abridged and aligned text to both emphasize similarities and omit complexities:
- A request to reclaim the *DBXREF extracts all available information that can be retrieved from the system about all DBFs [at least the info which is recorded in the files QSYS/QADB*], from which a new indexed listing of all database files and their details is generated. That request establishes at that point in time, what is understood by the code to be a database of DBFs identifying [synchronized with] all of the actual DB *FILE objects on the system.
- A request to reclaim DLO for *ALL extracts all available information that can be retrieved from the system about all DLOs [at least the info which is recorded in the files QUSRSYS/QAOSSS*], from which a new indexed listing of all DLOs and their details is generated. That request establishes at that point in time, what is understood by the code to be a database of DLOs identifying [synchronized with] all of the actual *DOC & *FLR objects on the system.

Regards, Chuck