It is great to see so many informational blasts from the past.

The page has been updated (hopefully correctly)
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/History_of_OS/400

And a talk page has been added
http://wiki.midrange.com/index.php/Talk:History_of_OS/400

Brian Dolinar.
-----

"Keith Carpenter" <carpcon@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
Al Barsa wrote:
On the System/38, there was R01M01. Any program objects that might have
been retranslated from the System/38 to AS/400 CISC that survived the
transition from R03M00 to V2R1M0, which were created at R01M01 on the
System/38 would now exist at V1R1M1.

I can see that in the GAMES library you provided a while back. DSPOBJD
shows the other official CPF releases converted to V1 as well.

Here's a summary:

CPF Create OS/400
Release Date Value
? Q3 1979 P01M05
? Q1 1980 P01M09
? Q2 1980 P01M0A
R01M00 Q3 1980 V1R1M0
R01M01 Q4 1980 V1R1M1
R02M00 Q4 1980 V1R2M0
R03M00 Q1 1982 V1R3M0
R08M00 Q2 1988 V1R8M0

I presume P01 refers to a pre-release of CPF.

Keith