Thanks Pete. Your post must have been ringing that bell in my head that said: "something is missing". Yeah, these folks are well behind and I knew it would probably be a little work to get them moved. I'll do my homework by reading your post. Thanks for the info.
Pete

Pete Massiello wrote:
Pete,

You always upgrade the HMC first, then the FSP, and then lastly the
OS of the partition. Unfortunately, you are VERY far behind. You can NOT
upgrade from V4.3 of the HMC to V7.3. You will have to stop at V6.1.2 of
the HMC first. But MOST importantly, you need to determine what level of
code the FSP is running. I had put a post about 2 weeks ago on how to check
the level of the FSP. I would imagine if your HMC is that old, your FSP
might be running something old as well like 01SF230. Its important to
insure that the levels of the FSP and HMC are compatible. For instance, you
shouldn't be running 01SF230 on the FSP with HMC V7.3.
Without knowing your level on the FSP, I would imagine that you are
going to need to upgrade the HMC to V6.1.2 first, and then upgrade your FSP
to 01SF240 (since the release is probably changing, it will be disruptive,
meaning all partitions will need to be shutdown). Then once you are at
01SF240_320 you can upgrade your HMC to V7.3 Now you would be ready to
upgrade to V5R4 of i5/OS.

Remember, that V5R4 of i5/OS requires that your FSP is up to a min
release of 01SF235_180

If you have a question on this, send me a private email at
pmassiello@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions