Let's see...

BOXA

Language identifier . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ENU
Country or region identifier . . . . . . . . . . : US
Coded character set identifier . . . . . . . . . : 37
Default coded character set identifier . . . . . : 37

BOXB

Language identifier . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ENU
Country or region identifier . . . . . . . . . . : US
Coded character set identifier . . . . . . . . . : 37

I agree that it's something in the environment, but I think it's the Java environment. It's the jdbc driver that's executing the SQL SELECT. Is that jdbc driver separate from the java version? If so, how do I find out it's version?

That made me wonder if WRKRDBDIRE had anything to do with it, and I noticed that on the failing machine, the *LOCAL entry name did not match the system name (the one shown with DSPNETA). I changed it to match, but it did not have any effect.

The Java Shell Display shows the following when I use the DEBUG(*YES) parm of SQL2JXL:
select * from phplocn Connecting to LOCALHOST with "com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver"
ERROR: PHPLOCN in *LIBL type *FILE not found. Java program completed with exit code 1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRKOBJ PHPLOCN shows

Object Type Library Attribute Text PHPLOCN *FILE PH#FILECMC PF Location Master File

On the successful machine, the Java Shell Display shows:

select * from phplocn Connecting to LOCALHOST with "com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver"
Started 1st sheet named 0 hour(s) 0 minute(s) 6 second(s) Writing /home/pdow/PHPLOCN.xls 1 Rows x 199 Columns 0 hour(s) 0 minute(s) 6 second(s) Java program completed
and WRKOBJ PHPLOCN shows:

Object Type Library Attribute Text PHPLOCN *FILE PH#FLSF PF Location Master File

How can I find the version of "com.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver"?

*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 793-9050
pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> /

DeLong, Eric wrote:
And both jobs use the same language? On DSPJOB OPTION(*DFNA), you'll see CCSID and default ccsid. If CCSID is 65535, then the default ccsid is set from the language defined for the job. Mine says 37 for default CCSID....

I'm just thinking there's something in the environment that's cuasing this....