Tomasz,

In order to use the reply list, the job has to be defined to use the list.

This can be defined in the job description or the job can be changed using the CHGJOB command. Both have a parameter INQMSGRPY which take a few values. The "normal" is *RQD which means the operator must enter the reply; *SYSRPYL means use the @#$% reply list.

My guess is that your interactive job's description uses the *SYSRPYL but QBATCH job uses the default *RQD. My job descriptions are all defined to use *RQD. When I want to use the reply list, I issue a CHGJOB command in the CL; first to use *SYSRPYL and later, if it's an interactive job, to reset it to *RQD.

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tomasz Skorża wrote:
Hi everyone

I have a problem with changing message description and tape initialization (or rather only with initialization, message descr is deriveed unit :-) ).

When I do backup to blank, new tape - which is not initialized yet, I got
message CPA4060 in QSYSOPR queue.
When I enter manually answer INZ - tape will be initialized.

But I wanted to do it automatically.

Using WRKRPYLE I added:

Change Reply List Entry (CHGRPYLE)

Type choices, press Enter.

Sequence number . . . . . . . . > 25 1-9999

Message identifier . . . . . . . CPA4060 Character value, *SAME,
*ANY Compare data:

Comparison data . . . . . . . *NONE

Message data start position . *SAME 1-999, *SAME, *NONE

Message reply . . . . . . . . . 'INZ'

Additional Parameters

Dump the sending job . . . . . . *YES *SAME, *NO, *YES

Coded character set ID . . . . . *SAME *JOB, *SAME, *HEX...

And now when I enter command interactively i.e. SAVOBJ OBJ(FILE1) LIB(LIB1)
DEV(TAP02) on command line - tape is really initialized automatically.
In qsysopr message I see:

Device TAP02 cannot process loaded volume. (C R INZ) Reply . . : INZ
But when I the same command enter in CL program and this program run in
QBATCH system ... "don't see???" above answer/reply and waiting for operator
answer.

I changed also description for message CPA4060 in QCPFMSG file - and now
default reply is INZ
Default reply . . . . . . . . . . . . . : DFT INZ
But still the same problem - interactively - work, in batch - doesn't work
:-(

Have you any idea?

Regards and thanks for any answer.

Tomek