Iain,

When we actually changed ours, we ran into a couple of smaller issues. Your
situation sounds like it might not require all steps as you will still have
the same address.

Make sure to check most of the options on CFGTCP menu. We had the IP on a
couple of other screens as well. In particular, I think it was a route and
host entries that needed changing.

We had application software (FAX) that had "hardcoded" IP addresses. As soon
as we told them we changed the IP, it was a simple process to change. But it
was unnerving to have to deal with that first day when there were a hundred
other things demanding attention. It also turned out they had a FAQ about
this subject (more detailed investigation would have revealed its
existence).

We used DNS extensively to find our AS/400 but a quick bounce of the DNS
servers solved most of the problems. There were at least 6 different names
for our iSeries in DNS. We told some PC users to reboot, others to try
"ipconfig /flushdns".

We had hardcoded firewall settings that needed changing. Many different
filters for various IPs (from and to the old and new box on various ports).

Bounce *NETSVR after changing IP addresses.

Our wireless controller and devices had the IP hardcoded.

The email server was set to accept all mail from the AS400 IP address.

Universal connection needed the wizard re-run to reset its internal IP. I
haven't looked at this for a while. It might not be needed anymore, but if
you can't get PTFs after the change, consider looking into it.

Good luck (it was a fun day for us when we turned up the new box),

Mike Krebs