From: midrange-l-bounces+bruce.barrett=pmigroup.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces+bruce.barrett=pmigroup.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, August 06, 2007 10:25 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Retrieve System i user's password?

"Nothing is impossible, given enough time and money."

Steve, there are packages out there that will tell you all the user
profiles that are set to their default passwords, are using "simple"
passwords, etc. Granted this can often be done by profile handle APIs
or
some such thing and brute force. Better minds than mine have probably
figured out a hack for this.

Tell you what, contact IBM contract services, tell them what you want
and
have them shoot you a quote. Make sure you have your specs right.
Like,
omit IBM supplied profiles, don't change certain ones we have for DDM
security (if you so choose), don't change users whose password is *NONE
-
that sort of rot.
http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/index.wss/offering/gbs/a1002462

My first question is "What problem are they trying to solve?" Or, why
do
they want lower case? Are they trying to sync their i5 profiles with
Windows profiles? If so, then perhaps instead of this project they need

to be looking at SSO or EIM.