"Ending attribute character

The end of a field on the display is indicated by an ending attribute character, unless there is only one space between that field and the next field.

In that case, the beginning attribute character of the second field serves as the ending attribute character of the first field. In any case, there must always be at least one space left between fields in a record. When the last position occupied by a field of a record is the last position in a line, the ending attribute character for the field is in position 1 of the next line. However, the next line is not considered part of the first record, and records can be displayed on both lines at once. "

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/index.jsp?topic=/rzahg/icmain.htm

Make what you will of this.

Jonathan Mason wrote:
Hi Joe

I have another DSPF where there's a CHECK(LC) and the next field isn't
conditioned by indicators and that works as expected which tells me that the
emulator/keyboard/PC are all okay.

All of the evidence points to it being related to the conditioning of the
next field, I just don't see why unless it's an OS/400 bug that hasn't been
picked up before.

I suppose I should do it properly and either condition a DSPATR(ND) on the
field or drop the MSGID keyword and populate the field from within the
program. That way I won't have a need for the "dummy" blank.

Thanks

Jonathan