We only keep spool files for so many days - without exceptions. So, when
I did a WRKJOB RHI101C and found this I was a little stunned:
Entered
Job User Number Type -----Status----- System
RHI101C JONI36 814775 BATCH OUTQ 11/12/04
RHI101C MARILK70 814778 BATCH OUTQ 11/12/04

So I select each job and took option 4. Work with spooled files. (No
spooled output files). Then I took option 41. End job. I changed the
defaults so that it looked like this:
ENDJOB ?*JOB(814775/JONI36/RHI101C)
OPTION(*IMMED)
SPLFILE(*YES)
LOGLMT(0)
However, there are STILL there.
Trust me, we've IPLed, upgraded the OS, etc, since then.