Restored lpar from one lpar to another. Changed a few conflicting stuff.
Could not vary on the ethernet SNA line on my 10/100 2838 card. That
worked fine on this lpar before the restore. Note: When I did the
restore I definitely said *NOSRM.
CPD27D0 - Line LANLINSNA vary on failed.
Cause . . . . . : The resource is already in use by object type . If
the
object name and type are blanks, either the resource is in use by the
Dedicated Service Tools (DST), another client, or the data is not
available.
Note: There is an extra space or two between "object" and "type", and
between "type" and the period.

WRKHDWRSC *CMN
Found the appropriate resource and did the option 5. Only this line was
using it. Tried the RESET(*YES) on the line when varying on and it said
that I couldn't because the IOP was not going to let me. Opened pmr. The
patient wizard there (I am under a lot of stress lately) recognized the
issue. Apparently Op's console grabs these resources on occasion. I
don't use Op's Console and never have on this 520.
STRSST
1. Start a service tool
4. Display/Alter/Dump
1. Display/Alter storage
2. Licensed Internal Code (LIC) data
14. Advanced analysis
Select OPSCONSOLE
First option was CNSLTYPE
If it is NOT 03 then continue. (Mine was 04.)
Second option was CNFGLAN
Yes sir, ops console had grabbed that 2838.
Third option was CNFGLAN -CLEAR
There's a space before the -
Fourth option was CNFGLAN again. No longer mentions 2838.
Fifth option was LANSTATUS
Returned no supported hardware detected.
Sixth option was DEACTLAN
This is to stop an IPL from grabbing the 2838 again.

Got out of SST. Varied on with no problem.

Ok, my situation is resolved. This is for the archives. Thanks again to
the technician assigned to pmr 90259,500.