From: Wilt, Charles

OBDC driver uses commitment control by default. Unless you've turned it
off, you are using commitment
control. However, it is probably working per automatically "statement"
instead of the per transaction
you want.

Yeah, that's an accurate statement, Charles. Since you're talking
client/server, the system does indeed commit each and every database
transaction. But as you noted, this type of commitment control (usually
called "auto-commit") happens on every statement, so it's not really helpful
for multiple file transactions. What you need is program-level control over
the transaction boundaries.

While I don't recall the specifics off the top of my head, you need to set
a property on the
connection that turns off auto-commit and allows your application to issue
the commits as appropriate.

As I noted in my previous email, that really depends entirely on the
implementation. I think PHP uses the sort of technique you mention, while
.NET languages use a transaction object.

Joe