I have become used to using SYSCOLUMNS & SYSTABLES in QSYS2 to analyse aspects of an applications data base because files created via DDS & tables created through DDL both have their meta-data recorded there.

I recently thought I'd use SYSINDEXES & SYSKEYS (for the first time ever for me) to do some other analysis and realized that DDS defined keys are not present in these files. I realize that a LF is a hybrid beast and shows traits of both a view and an index, but it seems a bit extreme to completely exclude DDS generated entities from some of the system catalog files, but not others.

Does anyone have a link to a definitive document which details this grey area of DDS & DDL overlap in the system catalog, or can provide a comment on the above?

Thanks,

Mike Pantzopoulos

0403 809 442 (mob)