rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

No, the OWNOBJOPT(*DLT) should have blasted them to kingdom come. WRKOBJOWN shows nothing.

Rob:

I've seen similar problems in a variety of cases. IIRC, mine only happened on systems with (I think) iSeries Access for Web installed.

If those problems are related, I found two semi-solutions:

1. Try DLTUSRPRF tomorrow. If still fails, then a couple days later. If still fails, a week later. I don't think I've been forced to wait more than two weeks. Eventually, the DLTUSRPRF works. (Apparently a server-type job is somehow involved.)

2. Create dummy *USRPRF. Then, DLTUSRPRF OWNOBJOPT((*CHGOWN...)... and perhaps PGPOPT((*CHGPGP...)... as well. Change things to point to the dummy *usrprf. Of course, although that almost always works for me, you'll then have a dummy profile that possibly can't be deleted until some future time.

Note that for me an initial attempt at DLTUSRPRF OWNOBJOPT(*DLT) usually cleans up just about everything that can be cleaned up. When option #2 above is taken, about the only 'stuff' left is whatever is causing the hangup.

The irritation I was feeling would come when I tried DSPUSRPRF *OBJOWN and got an empty list. Running QSYLOBJA with formats OBJA0100 and OBJA0110 would also return empty lists.

BTW, I now see a later post from you that shows a joblog message for "Job 496501/ROB/QHXHDLTU submitted to...". AFAIK, that's a primary indication of a connection to (IIRC) iSeries Access for Web.

Tom Liotta