Usually, the stumbling block to sharing is the LVD vs. HVD SCSI
interface. Of course you have to consider your window of time and how
do you queue them up.

Take a look at these guys. I've talked to them over the years about
this sharing but I've never had the money to spend. We just use
separate LTO drives for the iSeries & Windows/Novell boxes.

http://www.moregroupinc.com/index.htm

Mike_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/15/2007 7:25:00 AM >>>
My boss came to be with this idea today. I don't know if it is
possible, so I thought I would throw it out.
We have an 3581 Autoloader tape drive. We also have some old tape
drives for backups on our windows servers. He is concerned about these
older windows tape drives dying. So he had the thought of being able to
share the tape drive between the Iseries and the windows servers. Does
anyone know if this is possible? Pros-Cons of doing this if it is
possible. I've been searching this morning, but haven't found anything.
Is there is a link someone can point me to?

Thanks
Mike