From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 11:06 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: QESECARE job

Thanks Gustavo - the most info i've found yet!

If i'm seeing the QESECARE job run for a while at the high CPU with no
activity on the interactive SNDPTFORD, does that suggest that something is
not working with the newer connection type (HTTP/HTTPS) and then the
SNDPTFORD eventually falls back on on the 'older' style connection that was
in place before the cume was updated? When I cancel the QESECARE job, I
see the interactive SNDPTFORD pick right up and complete quickly (like it
did before the cume).

Gustavo Tejeda
Guillemin/Mexico/
IBM To
<gustavot@xxxxxxx Midrange Systems Technical
.com> Discussion
Sent by: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
midrange-l-bounce cc
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx Midrange Systems Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
06/12/2007 10:52 midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
AM Subject
Re: QESECARE job

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

QESECARE runs the Java code needed for the new SNDPTFORD and SNDSRVRQS
(connect over http/https, download images, etc). The reason of having to
have a different job rather than running in the same job where SNDPTFORD
was issued is due a restriction on i5/OS where a JVM can only be created
once in a job's life.

Hope this helps

"Mamma always said that life is like a box of chocolates... you never know
what you're gonna get."
- Forrest Gump

ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
12/06/2007 09:30
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: QESECARE job

Yeah, that's the only mention i've found about it... I think his posting
mentions it, but he hadn't found out what the job was all about.

Did you ever find out anymore info on the QESECARE job Lukas?

Jerry Adams
<jerry@bwwholesal
e.com> To

Sent by: Midrange Systems Technical
midrange-l-bounce Discussion
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

06/12/2007 10:27 Subject

AM Re: QESECARE job

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

Check the archives, Chad. Lukas posted something about this awhile back.

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

ChadB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
We just recently updated our V5R3 cume to C7121, and soon after doing so
noticed that SNDPTFORD is behaving differently. We now have a job that
kicks off and runs at a high CPU usage for over 5 minutes called
'QESECARE'
- the SNDPTFORD seems to hang until this job has run for a while.

While testing the situation I ended the QESECARE job and found that the
SNDPTFORD picked up and completely quickly at the point the QESECARE job
ended.

I can't find mention of QESECARE anywhere on IBM's knowledge base...
does
anyone know what it does?

list