Carl,
We are doing sort of the same thing. I looked into Alliance XML/400 but
it turned out not to be a good fit for us. We decided to go with RGP-XML
Suite from Krengel Technology. You can download a 30 day trial at
http://www.rpg-xml.com/.

Terry Anderson.

message: 4
date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 04:46:32 -0400
from: "Carl Galgano" <cgalgano2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Transaction processing using XML and HTTP

I have a client who needs to be able to receive a file,
formatted as XML via an HTTP POST, parse the info in the
file, do a database lookup into their ERP system, and return
data to the browser as XML (inventory information).

I see that PA Townsend's Alliance XML/400 product seems to
do this, but I was wondering if there is a more cost
effective way to do this. The client will be on 5.4 in
about a month on a new 515.

Any advice?

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.