Hi:

It had to happen. I mentioned to an x86 geek friend that we were "moving
from our AS/400 to a new iSeries". (For your info, Model 720, V5R2 -->
i520, V5R4.) The response was, "Yuck. Platform conversions are such a pain
in the ..." I carefully, and in terms that might actually meet with
approval from some of the members of this list, explained that it was not
a conversion at all. The AS/400 is part of the Series i platform.

Blank stare. Two or three slow blinks. Then a look of comprehension.

"Ah ha. So the iSeries is just the old AS/400 with a different marketing
logo? I thought it was new technology."

So much for my feeble attempt at politically correct terminology. I'm
going back to my practice of calling every box what it was called when it
was built, which makes more sense anyway. And yes, I am HAPPY to be moving
to a brand-spanking-new iSeries. (Fortunately, many of my skills will
transfer.)

Darrell

Darrell A. Martin - 630-754-2141
Manager, Computer Operations
dmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail, including attachments, may contain information that is
confidential and/or proprietary, and may only be used by the person to
whom this email is addressed. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or an authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If this e-mail has been delivered to you in error, please
notify the sender by replying to this message and deleting this e-mail
immediately.