From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alan Campin
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:44 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: SQL Reporting Services

<snip>
Is anyone here successfully using SQL 2005 Reporting Services
with DB2/400 stored procedures? I've been able to use it to
generate reports from tables and views, but cannot find the
correct syntax to call a stored procedure.
</snip>

Yes, I just went through all of this.

I am using SQL Stored Procedures and RPG/ILE Service Programs
and both are working fine. If you would like to give me a
call, I could lead you through. Would be hard to do in a message.

I get in about 9:00am Pacific Time.

253-458-3410

The one big hassle that I got into was the dates and
synchronizing what the AS/400 expected and SQL Server expected.

I used my iDate SQL function to return the dates in date data
types and you have to tell SQL to return the dates in *ISO
format, '-' date separator. You then tell SQL server in the
OLEDB setup to not convert dates to character. SQL Server
expects dates in an ISO format and if it doesn't get them
that way, gets very upset.

Very nice product.

The way it generates all the reports in HTML is slick, that
everything is server based and how cheap it is. Getting the
same functionality in other products would cost 10's if not
100's of thousands of dollars.