No.

* Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i5/iSeries Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
615.995.7024
fax
615.995.1201
email
jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Al Barsa wrote:
Jerry,

Does your system have Independent ASPs?

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

Jerry Adams <jerry@bwwholesal e.com> To Sent by: Midrange-L midrange-l-bounce <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx> s@xxxxxxxxxxxx cc Subject 05/26/2007 03:27 Save 21 Job Log PM Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@midra nge.com>

I do not recall ever looking at the joblog after doing a Save All (#21),
but today for some reason I did. The log had the following errors at
the end. This doesn't look good, but the message at the end said "Save
completed successfully."

Anyone have any idea what these mean? Am I paranoid, or are they really
out to get me?

Thanks.

Job . . : DSP01 User . . : AJERRY Number . . . :
222926
299 - QSYS/CALL PGM(QSYS/QMNUIM) /* The CALL command
contains
parameters
*/
ASP group *NONE not set for thread X'0000000000000034'. [1]
ASP group *NONE not set for thread
X'0000000000000034'.
Application error. CPFB8E9 unmonitored by QSRSAVEM at statement [2]
0000000010, instruction
X'0000'.
Function check. CEE9901 unmonitored by QMNUIM at statement *N,
instruction [3]

X'005B'.
936 - QSYS/CALL PGM(QSYS/QMNUIM) /* The CALL command
contains
parameters
*/
ASP group *NONE not set for thread
X'0000000000000034'.
ASP group *NONE not set for thread
X'0000000000000034'.
Application error. CPFB8E9 unmonitored by QSRSAVEM at
statement
0000000006, instruction
X'0000'.

[1]
Message ID . . . . . . :
CPDB8EC
Date sent . . . . . . : 05/26/07 Time sent . . . . . . :
11:41:24
Message . . . . : ASP group *NONE not set for thread
X'0000000000000034'.
Cause . . . . . : An attempt to set the auxiliary storage pool (ASP)
group
for the current thread failed. The reason code is
1.
The reason codes
are:
1 - Set is not allowed by an active operating system
function.
2 - Commitment control with uncommitted resources is
active.
3 - An SQL stored procedure, user defined function or trigger is
running
in the activation
group.
Recovery . . . : For reason code 1, use the set ASP group operation
in some
other job. For example, do this through use the Submit Job (SBMJOB)
command.
For reason code 2, either commitment control must be ended or may
remain
active but all resources registered with it must be removed.
For

[2]
Message ID . . . . . . :
CEE9901
Date sent . . . . . . : 05/26/07 Time sent . . . . . . :
11:41:24
Message . . . . : Application error. CPFB8E9 unmonitored by QSRSAVEM
at
statement 0000000010, instruction
X'0000'.
Cause . . . . . : The application ended abnormally because an
exception
occurred and was not handled. The name of the program to which
the
unhandled exception is sent is QSRSAVEM QSRSAVEM
qsrSetASPGroupNone__Fv. The
program was stopped at the high-level language statement
number(s)
0000000010 at the time the message was sent. If more than one
statement
number is shown, the program is an optimized ILE program.
Optimization does
not allow a single statement number to be determined. If *N is shown
as a
value, it means the real value was not
available.
Recovery . . . : See the low level messages previously listed to
locate the
cause of the exception. Correct any errors, and then try the request
again.

[3]
Message ID . . . . . . :
CPF9999
Date sent . . . . . . : 05/26/07 Time sent . . . . . . :
11:41:25
Message . . . . : Function check. CEE9901 unmonitored by QMNUIM at
statement
*N, instruction
X'005B'.
Cause . . . . . : An escape exception message was sent to a program
which
did not monitor for that message. The full name of the program to
which the
unmonitored message was sent is QMNUIM . At the time the message was
sent
the program was stopped at higher level language statement number(s)
*N. If
more than one statement number is shown, the program was a bound
program.
Optimization does not allow a single statement number to be
determined. If
*N is shown as a value, it means the actual value was not
available.
Recovery . . . : See the low level messages previously listed to
locate the
cause of the function check. Correct any errors, and then try the
request

again.