i do normally like bellow.

Create Image Catalog (CRTIMGCLG)

Type choices, press Enter.

Image catalog . . . . . . . . . > C70165301 Name
Directory . . . . . . . . . . . > c7016530

Additional Parameters

Create directory . . . . . . . . > *YES *NO, *YES

it creates directory and image catalog also, once you through with that add
those ptf cd's to this image catalog.

Add Image Catalog Entry (ADDIMGCLGE)

Type choices, press Enter.

Image catalog . . . . . . . . . > C70165301 Name
From optical device, or . . . . > OPT01 Name
From image file . . . . . . . .

To image file . . . . . . . . . *GEN

Image catalog index . . . . . . *AVAIL 1-256, *AVAIL

Additional Parameters

Replace catalog entry . . . . . *NO *NO, *YES, *INSERT
Text 'description' . . . . . . . *GEN

once you add all the cd's to the image catalog check for the vitual optical
device.

wrkdevd *opt

Opt Device Type Text
OPT01 6337 CREATED BY AUTO-CONFIGURATION
VRTOPT01 632B virtual optical for ptf installation

if you dont have any optical drive existing then create devd with type should
632b.

Create Device Desc (Optical) (CRTDEVOPT)

Type choices, press Enter.

Device description . . . . . . . > VRTOPT01 Name
Resource name . . . . . . . . . > *VRT Name, *NONE, *VRT...
Device type . . . . . . . . . . > 632B *RSRCNAME, 4531, 632A, 632B...
Online at IPL . . . . . . . . . *YES *YES, *NO
Message queue . . . . . . . . . *SYSOPR Name, *SYSOPR
Library . . . . . . . . . . . Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
Text 'description' . . . . . . . virtual optical drive for ptf installation

and vary on the device

wrkcfgsts *dev vrtop*

Work with Configuration Status
Position to . . .
. . Starting characters

Type options, press Enter.
1=Vary on 2=Vary off 5=Work with job 8=Work with description
9=Display mode status 13=Work with APPN status...

Opt Description Status -------------Job--------------
VRTOPT05 ACTIVE

then load the image catalog to the virtual optical drive.

Load or Unload Image Catalog (LODIMGCLG)

Type choices, press Enter.

Image catalog . . . . . . . . . c70165301 Name
Virtual optical device . . . . . vrtopt01 Name
Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . *LOAD *LOAD, *UNLOAD

Verify that the images are in the correct order

Verify Image Catalog (VFYIMGCLG)

Type choices, press Enter.

Image catalog . . . . . . . . . c7016530 Name
Image catalog type . . . . . . . *ptf *UPGRADE, *PTF, *OTHER
Sort image catalog . . . . . . . *yes *NO, *YES

Please check the images loaded in the image catalog:-
WRKIMGCLGE IMGCLG(c70165301)

then go to GO PTF and take option 8 : Install program temporary fix package

Install Options for Program Temporary Fixes
System: WCLDEV
Type choices, press Enter.

Device . . . . . . . . . VRTOPT01 Name, *SERVICE, *NONE

Automatic IPL . . . . . . N Y=Yes
N=No

Prompt for media . . . . 1 1=Single PTF volume set
2=Multiple PTF volume sets
3=Multiple volume sets and *SERVICE

Restart type . . . . . . *SYS *SYS, *FULL

Other options . . . . . . N Y=Yes
N=No

this end up your cum ptf installation.

Thanks.