Mark:

If the job had been started and was later put on hold while processing (as
opposed to being submitted on hold), I believe this is normal behavior. In
order for a running job to end *CNTRLD it has "housekeeping" to do -- it's
part of the difference between *CNTRLD and *IMMED. Even though the job is
held, in this situation it would be considered to be "running". That's
probably not IBM terminology, but I think it's conceptually correct. At
least I have seen it myself.

There may be a system setting which controls this behavior, but if so I
don't know what it is. If I have a job that needs to be killed without any
additional processing happening, I always use *IMMED regardless of the
status of the job.

If the job was never started, but had always been on hold, then this is
*not* what I would expect.

Darrell

Darrell A. Martin - 630-754-2141
Manager, Computer Operations