In order to use the cryptographic API's, you need to have Cryptographic Access Provider 128-bit 5722-AC3 for iSeries installed. Otherwise, the API call will fail with a message that says "Text not available for message CPF9DFF file QCPFMSG."

- Steve

From: MWHopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Data Encryption
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:16:03 -0400

Here is a program/procedure I picked up somewhere along the line that will
encrypt/decrypt a string that you pass in to it. I think that most of the
code is self explanatory. The only thing I don't like about it is that the
key string is hard coded in the program. I think you have to have the
cryptographic services installed on the iSeries. Not sure if it is always
included now or not.

* CRTRPGMOD DECRYPTDTA
* BNDSRVPGM(QC3DTAEN QC3PRNG)
*
* Encrypt Data (OPM, QC3ENCDT; ILE, Qc3EncryptData) API
* Service Program Name: QC3DTAEN

* Decrypt Data (OPM, QC3DECDT; ILE, Qc3DecryptData) API
* Service Program Name: QC3DTADE
Hdatedit(*ymd) datfmt(*ymd) debug(*yes) timfmt(*hms)
/If defined(SrvPgm)
Hnomain
D Encryption PR 1N
D ClearData 32767a Varying
D EncryptData 32767a Varying
D Processing 1a
* -----------------------------------------------------------
* CALL QMHRMVPM to remove all messages from passed programqueue
* always return *OFF
* -----------------------------------------------------------
D Encryption PI 1N
D ClearData 32767a Varying
D EncryptData 32767a Varying
D Processing 1a
/Endif
*/copy qsysinc/qrpglesrc.QC3CCI
D*******************************************************************
D*Data definitions
D*******************************************************************
D*ALGD0200 algorithm description structure
DQC3D0200 DS
D* Qc3 Format ALGD0200
D QC3BCA 1 4B 0
D* Block Cipher Alg
D QC3BL 5 8B 0
D* Block Length
D QC3MODE 9 9
D* Mode
D QC3PO 10 10
D* Pad Option
D QC3PC 11 11
D* Pad Character
D QC3ERVED 12 12
D* Reserved
D QC3MACL 13 16B 0
D* MAC Length
D QC3EKS 17 20B 0
D* Effective Key Size
D QC3IV 21 52
D* Init Vector
D*ALGD0300 algorithm description structure
DQC3D0300 DS
D* Qc3 Format ALGD0300
D QC3SCA 1 4B 0
D* Stream Cipher Alg
D*ALGD0400 algorithm description structure
DQC3D0400 DS
D* Qc3 Format ALGD0400
D QC3PKA 1 4B 0
D* Public Key Alg
D QC3PKABF 5 5
D* PKA Block Format
D QC3ERVED00 6 8
D* Reserved
D QC3SHA 9 12B 0
D* Signing Hash Alg
D*ALGD0500 algorithm description structure
DQC3D0500 DS
D* Qc3 Format ALGD0500
D QC3HA 1 4B 0
D* Hash Alg
D*DATA0200 array data format structure
DQC3A0200 DS
D* Qc3 Format DATA0200
D QC3DP 1 16*
D* Data Ptr
D QC3DL 17 20B 0
D* Data Len
D QC3ERVED01 21 32
D* Reserved
D*KEYD0200 key description format structure
DQC3D020000 DS
D* Qc3 Format KEYD0200
D QC3KT 1 4B 0
D* Key Type
D QC3KSL 5 8B 0
D* Key String Len
D QC3KF 9 9
D* Key Format
D QC3ERVED02 10 12 inz(x'000000')
D* Reserved
D*QC3KS 13 13
D*
D* variable length
D*******************************************************************

* API error structure
D APIERR DS
D ERRPRV 10I 0 INZ(272)
D ERRLEN 10I 0
D EXCPID 7A
D RSRVD2 1A
D EXCPDT 256A
*Encrypt Data (OPM, QC3ENCDT; ILE, Qc3EncryptData) API protects
*data privacy by scrambling clear data into an unintelligible form.
D*Qc3EncryptData Pr ExtProc('Qc3EncryptData')
D Qc3EncryptData Pr ExtPgm('QC3ENCDT')
D clrDta 32767a
D clrDtaLen 10I 0
D clrDtaFmt 8
D algorithm like(QC3D0200)
D algorithmFmt 8
D key like(KeyC)
D keyFmt 8
D srvProvider 1
D deviceName 10
D encryptedData 32767a
D encryptedBufL 10I 0
D encryptedRtnL 10I 0
D errcde like(APIERR)

* Decrypt Data (OPM, QC3DECDT; ILE, Qc3DecryptData) API restores
* encrypted data to a clear (intelligible) form.
D*Qc3DecryptData Pr ExtProc('Qc3DecryptData')
D Qc3DecryptData Pr ExtPgm('QC3DECDT')
D encryptedData 32767a
D encryptedDtaL 10I 0
D algorithm like(QC3D0200)
D algorithmFmt 8
D key like(keyC)
D keyFmt 8
D srvProvider 1
D deviceName 10
D clrDta 32767a
D clrDtaBufL 10I 0
D clrDtaRtnL 10I 0
D errcde like(APIERR)

DQc3GenPRNs Pr ExtPRoc('Qc3GenPRNs')
D PrnDta 512
D PrnDtaLen 10I 0
D PrnType 1
D PrnParity 1
D errcde like(APIERR)

D PrnDta S 512
D PrnDtaLen S 10I 0
D PrnType S 1 inz('1')
D PrnParity S 1 inz('1')

D clrDta S 32767a
D clrDtaLen S 10I 0
D clrDtaFmt S 8 inz('DATA0100')
D algorithm S like(QC3D0200)
D algorithmFmt S 8 inz('ALGD0200')
D key S like(KeyC)
D keyFmt S 8 inz('KEYD0200')
D srvProvider S 1 inz('1')
D deviceName S 10 inz(*blanks)
D encryptedData S 32767a
D encryptedDtaL S 10I 0
D encryptedBufL S 10I 0
D encryptedRtnL S 10I 0
D clrDtaBufL S 10I 0
D clrDtaRtnL S 10I 0

D KeyString S 256 Inz('Put your key string in
here')
D KeyC S 256
D returnCode S n

/if not defined(SrvPgm)
D ClearData s 32767a Varying
D EncryptData s 32767a Varying
D Processing s 1a

c *Entry plist
c parm ClearData
c parm EncryptData
c parm Processing
/EndIf

C Eval clrDta = ClearData
C Eval clrDtaLen = %len(%trimr(clrDta))
C Eval encryptedBufL = %size(encryptedData)
C* Block cipher algorithm
* 20 DES
* 21 Triple DES
* 22 AES
C Eval QC3BCA = 22
*Block length
* 8 DES
* 8 Triple DES
* 16 AES
C Eval QC3BL = 16
*Mode
* 0 ECB
* 1 CBC
* 2 OFB. Not valid with AES.
* 3 CFB 1-bit. Not valid with AES.
* 4 CFB 8-bit. Not valid with AES.
* 5 CFB 64-bit. Not valid with AES
C Eval QC3MODE = '1'
* Pad Option
* 0 No padding is performed.
* 1 Use the character specified in the pad character field for
padding
* 2 The pad counter is used as the pad character.
C Eval QC3PO = '1'

* Pad Character
C Eval QC3PC = X'00'
* Reserved
C Eval QC3ERVED = X'00'
* MAC Length
* This field is not used on an encrypt operation and must be set to
* null(binary 0s).
C Eval QC3MACL = X'00000000'
* Effective key size
* This field must be set to 0.
C Eval QC3EKS = 0
* Initialization vector
* The initialization vector (IV). An IV is not used for mode ECB,
* and must be set to NULL (binary 0s).
C Eval QC3IV = *AllX'00'
C Reset encryptedData
C Eval encryptedBufL = %len(encryptedData)

C* Eval algorithm = %addr(QC3D0200)
C Eval algorithm = QC3D0200
* Key Type KeyFormat KeyLength
* 20 DES 0 8(7 bits used,rightmost
setbit
* 21 Triple DES 0 8,16,24(7 bits used,rightmost
setbit
* 22 AES 0 16,24,32
* 30 RC4-compatible 0 1<->256
* 50 RSA public 1
* 51 RSA private 1
C Eval QC3KT = 22

* Key Format
C Eval QC3KF = '0'
* Key String
C* Eval KeyString = '12345678'
C* Eval PrnDtaLen = 8
C* callP Qc3GenPRNs(
C* PrnDta :
C* PrnDtaLen :
C* PrnType :
C* PrnParity :
C* APIERR
C* )
C* ExSr ChkErrCde
C* Eval KeyString = %SubSt(PrnDta :
C* 1 : PrnDtaLen)
* Key Length
C Eval QC3KSL = 32
C Eval KeyC = QC3D020000 + %trim(KeyString)
C* Eval Key = %addr(KeyC)
C Eval Key = KeyC

C Select
C When Processing = 'E'

C Eval clrDta = ClearData
C Eval clrDtaLen = %len(%trimr(clrDta))
C Eval encryptedBufL = %size(encryptedData)

C callP Qc3EncryptData(
C clrDta :
C clrDtaLen :
C clrDtaFmt :
C algorithm :
C algorithmFmt :
C key :
C keyFmt :
C srvProvider :
C deviceName :
C encryptedData :
C encryptedBufL :
C encryptedRtnL :
C APIERR
C )
C ExSr ChkErrCde

C When Processing = 'D'

C Eval encryptedData = encryptData
C Eval encryptedDtaL =
%len(%trimr(encryptedData))
C Eval clrDtaBufL = %size(clrDta)
C callP Qc3DecryptData(
C encryptedData :
C encryptedDtaL :
C algorithm :
C algorithmFmt :
C key :
C keyFmt :
C srvProvider :
C deviceName :
C clrDta :
C clrDtaBufL :
C clrDtaRtnL :
C APIERR
C )
C ExSr ChkErrCde
C EndSl

C Eval *InLr = *On
/If defined(SrvPgm)
C Return returnCode
/Else
C Return
/EndIf

C ChkErrCde BegSr
C If ERRLEN > 0
C* dump
C Eval returnCode = *on
C Else
C Eval returnCode = *off
C Select
C When Processing = 'E'
C Eval encryptData =
C %subst(encryptedData:1:encryptedRtnL)
C When Processing = 'D'
C Eval ClearData = %subst(clrDta:1:clrDtaRtnL)
C EndSl
C EndIf
C* Dump
C EndSr

/If defined(SrvPgm)
P Encryption E
/EndIf

Matt Hopkins
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Web: www.pdpgroupinc.com
Email: MWHopkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office: 410-584-0330
Fax: 410-584-0336

----- Message from "Leibowitz, Larry" <Larry.Leibowitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on
Thu, 17 May 2007 09:36:55 -0400 -----
To:
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:
Data Encryption
I have been asked to encrypt data (one field) in a Physical File. We
have a 520 at V5R3. Are there utilities available on the System I or do
I need to use a Tool from a vendor?

Thanks in Advance

The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended
for the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error or
there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The
unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly forbidden. CED-Concord Management will not be liable for direct,
special, indirect or consequential damages arising from the alteration of
the
contents of this message by a third party or as a result of any virus
being
passed on.

MIMEsweeper for Content Security threats, including computer viruses.

www.mimesweeper.com