Jim,

Would it be possible to go into the FGID table and add a new definition for
the point size you require? I'm not sure if that is a feasible option but I
thought I would mention it.

John

"Jim Franz" <franz400-goaWJWIt5zpWk0Htik3J/w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:<005d01c790ba$98981910$08254747@D3L5F1C1>...
Trying to get Typographic fonts, with various pointsize working, using
rpgle & dds printer file with an IPDS software product on a win server.
(this is a re-phrasing of prev post, with more detail)

Have a Lexmark laser with IPDS card on lan and am able to print many
diff fonts (dds printer file) including typographic fonts like
2304,2305 and can specify pointsize - example from dds: FONT(2305
(*POINTSIZE 11)). Works great.

Have a software product (OnePrint) on a pc on same lan which
supports IPDS, and the only fonts that seem to work correctly match the
table
in Redbook - IBM AS/400 Printing V - Commonly used FGIDs Table.
It lists some typographic fonts, but for each the pointsize is specified
in the
table. If my dds uses that font, but different pointsize - the pointsize
is ignored.
So for example in table FGID 760 - Times - Typographic - pointsize=6
and no matter what pointsize in dds - size 6 is all it prints.

Because Printing V book published in 1998 and lists a different set of
products I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Or - the Lexmark with
IPDS card internally has all these fonts and OnePrint does not.
Their response (so far) is "When the as/400 connects to the printer it
asks if the font is resident. If not AS/400 downloads the font. If the
requested
font is not present in the AS/400 library then a substitution takes place
and the
new font is downloaded. Fonts should be installed in the AS/400 so the
customer will not be printer dependent"

Both the Lexmark printer and the printer for OnePrint are config'd as
*IPDS
printers, and their config matches all parms except the address. Also a
PSFCFG exists for both and parms are the same.

I have following products loaded - v5r4
5722SS1 8 AFP Compatibility Fonts
5722SS1 36 PSF 1-45 IPM Printer Support
5722SS1 43 Additional Fonts

Have read thru several Printing Redbooks but am confused with all the
options and what applies to my situation.

jim franz
list
MIDRANGE-L-Zwy7GipZuJhWk0Htik3J/w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx