If you are at V5R3, you need to install the AC3 crypto LPP (no charge,
but
you may have to order it). This is a pre-req for pre-V5R4 systems.

The only windows user account that you needed to change to "Use DES
encryption" was the windows user account you created to represent your
i5/OS system (i.e. the one created for the krbsvr400 service principal,
etc.).

We finally got our entitlement status resolved and I wasted no time in
calling IBM support. They had me create a .ZIP file using Client Access
Diagnostic Tools, then add in the printout from a QSH session using kinit,
keytab, etc., and finally check the QZSOSIGN job logs for CPFs.

I've unchecked Enable DES encryption for my account and the problem seems
to be fixed. To recap for future readers, the Kerberos principles created
by the batch file lacked DES encryption. We applied the encryption to
both the principles and the users, which also didn't work. We took the
encryption off of the end users, leaving it on the principles and appear
to be in business.