http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=0&context=SWG60&
dcÛ520&dcÙ00&dcØ00&dcÚ900&dcÚ800&
q1=ibmhelp+AND+AS400KBXXYYZZRCH&uid=nas1c2d295d1e7fab88d8625713f0052ac1b&
loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=all
The Support Search for QIBMHELP is a good start... but
there isn't a whole lot of documentation on the "feature"
itself.
The IBM Help Server is an interface for the Infocenter.
It also provides a framework (using Eclipse) that allows
applications to write to it. This framework then is
responsible for serving help text for these applications.
It is set to autostart by default when TCP/IP starts. It
starts an HTTP Tomcat server (port 4111) to provide this
functionality. It requires the following products:
o Java? 1.42 JRE o
IBM OS/400 5722SS1, Option 3

This server is now supported by the TCP team in the
Support Center. However, questions regarding the
Information Center piece of this server is supported only
through the Send Feedback button in the Information
Center.

The QIBMHELP jobs can stay on the system after they are
ended with a status of JOBLOG PENDING. This is due to new
functionality at V5R4M0. These joblogs (and as a result,
jobs) can be cleaned up by using the WRKJOBLOG CL command
and specifying an appropriate start date and time.

It can be manually started and ended by the following
methods:
o Using the Qshell script
/QIBM/ProdData/OS400/Eclipse/EclipseStart or
/QIBM/ProdData/OS400/Eclipse/EclipseStop o
Using the HTTP admin server

It can be set to not auto start via the
QUSRSYS/QATOCSTART file:
1 On the operating system
command line type the following:

WRKMBRPDM QATOCSTART

Press the Enter key. 2 Select Option 18
on the Servers member. 3 Page
down to *IBMHELP. 4 Set the Autostart
parameter to *NO.

Note: If a STRTCPSVR *ALL is done, this server will try
to start.

> 8. What is IBMHelp? (Scott Johnson)
message: 8
date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 08:40:42 -0500
from: Scott Johnson
subject: What is IBMHelp?

Upgraded to v5r4 over the weekend. When I did the first
backup, I got errors to files in the IFS being locked.
Long story short, these locked files point back to a new
"feature" called IBMHelp. Only problem is that I can't
find any information on what IBMHelp actually is. Google
turns up a few hits, but nothing about what it is exactly.
Same for searching the Info Center. Anybody got links
some topics that explain what this thing is and if I
really need to keep it running.

-- Scott