Yes, we are using this product (and also a JDE World client) and yes,
you would have to have at least the To: email address in the spool file
so that it can be picked up as a "variable" and used to send the report.
I imagine that if you had, let's say, a customer # on the report that
you could then have an external table (I use an Excel sheet for example)
to lookup the email address for that customer as it is processing it for
emailing. You could do that as well but then you are stuck maintaining
that table over time as well.

You can contact me offline at ssolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx if needed.

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Emailing reports from iSeries with Create!email (from Bottomline)

Are any of you emailing your spooled reports from the iSeries with
Create!email and Create!form (Bottomline.com products)? I would sure
like to talk with you.

Evidently our spooled reports generated on the iSeries will need to have
the sender's [from] email address and the recipient's [TO] email address
on the report somewhere so that the software would scrape that info off
the page and convert it to TO and FROM addresses, and email the report
to the recipient. We are running JD Edwards Worldsoftware.

EricL at phone 918-292-9142 in Oklahoma