Hi, Nick:

See:
   http://www.systeminetwork.com/isnetforums/archive/index.php?t-23052.html

for info.about a published article and tool called RTVQRYF that includes DSPQRYD and DSPQRYF ... this may help you for the *QRYDFNs (Query/400 queries). As others have mentioned, DSPPGMREF to an *OUTFILE will provide info on what *PGMs use which *FILEs. DSPDBR to an *OUTFILE will provide cross-references such as LFs-to-PFs. What else did you need?

Regards,

Mark S. Waterbury

> Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
That's what I thought. I was just hoping there was an easier way to do it, short of creating my own XREF processing system. It would be fun though, if I could find the time.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.
Direct  (320) 679-6683
Toll free  (800) 388-2155  ext. 6683
Fax  (320) 679-4516
nick_radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"rick baird" <rick.baird@xxxxxxxxx> Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/22/07 11:59 AM
Please respond to

"Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: Finding an object's usage

no single command (unless you own hawkeye's pathfinder)

DSPPGMREF *ALL will get all program references, but you'll have to
look for queries and other stuff another way.

On 3/22/07, Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Is there a Command I can run, or a system file I can query, that will
show
me all of the objects on my system that reference a particular file?

We are at V4R5.

Thanx,

Nick

Nick Radich