I just read this article earlier this week ...

Microsoft have decided to reduce the pricing of a patch to fix the new March 11
date for Daylight Saving Time (DST) from a whopping $40,000 to a mere $4000 for
products that have left mainstream support and have entered the "Extended"
support phase, according to Microsoft watcher Mary Jo Foley
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=288> .

Products affected are Windows 2000, Exchange Server 2000 and Outlook 2000,
among others <http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_prodlist> . Microsoft
explains in a PowerPoint document distributed to analysts

        "For products that have entered into the Extended Support phase,
Microsoft will provide customers with the opportunity to purchase the DST 2007
hotfix at a reduced price of Four Thousand Dollars (US $4,000). Customers will
only be charged a single fee of $4,000 to obtain all hotfixes, for products in
Extended Support phase, needed to update their systems for DST 2007.

        "For customers who have previously purchased DST 2007 hotfixes for
products in Extended Support, Microsoft will reimburse the difference to them
under the new pricing category."

A Microsoft spokesman was quoted saying the $4,000 price represents a
"substantial discount" and that it was merely to "cover costs".