First of all.   QNTC is flakey at best on all releases.  I would love to
see IBM fix this, but I digress :-)

Are you copying files from the iSeries to the Windows boxes or using
Netserver to talk from the PC's to the iSeries ?

If using the iSeries to copy files to the Windows server, consider putting
Windows Services for Unix on the Windows box and enabling an NFS share.

After installed Windows Services for Unix you can enable an NFS share and
simply mount an IFS folder so that it can directly access the NFS share.

No user ID/password stuff to worry about when copying files back and forth
from the iSeries via CPY or whatever mechanism you're using.

Almost sounds like a corrupted object or some wierd authority thing
getting you.  I love generic CPF errors like CPE3474 :-)

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT
------------------------------

message: 7
date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 14:20:39 -0800
from: "Peter Dow (ML)" <maillist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: QNTC and Windows mirroring

I have a customer that has some kind of mirroring going on between two
machines, call them A and B.  On the AS400, I have a links to directory
Users on both machines, i.e.

ADDLNK OBJ('/QNTC/A/Users') NEWLNK('/A')
ADDLNK OBJ('/QNTC/B/Users') NEWLNK('/B')

I have the same userid and password on the AS400 as on the PCs in
question.

Using Windows Explorer, I can see \\A\Users\somedir\somefile and
\\B\Users\somedir\somefile.

Using WRKLNK, I can see /A/somedir, but no files at all, and cannot see
/B/somedir (although I do see other directories on /B).

Authorities (according to Windows Explorer) are the same on both machines.

I tried WRKLNK '/B' again and this time got "File system error occurred.
  Error number 3474."  WRKMSGD CPE3474 shows

  Message . . . . :   Unknown system state.
  Cause . . . . . :   The operation failed due to an unknown system
state. See
    any messages in the job log and correct any errors that may
indicated and
    then retry the operation.

And there are no other messages in the joblog.

Any idea what's going on?  I think they're running Windows Server 2003;
the AS400 is v5r3 and WRKPTFGRP shows

PTF Group             Level  Status
SF99530                6142  Installed

Peter Dow